Sensitive Teeth Treatment in Plano, TX
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Dr. Zohar may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
- Desensitizing MI paste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
- Fluoride varnish. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
- A crown, inlay, or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
- Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
- Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, Dr. Zohar may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive tooth pain. Ask Dr. Zohar if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.